2008.05.24 - B4Twelve

I decided to experiment with some off camera flash tonight by using a Canon STE2 Speedlite Transmitter. It was quite a different experience shooting by yourself this way. I was holding the camera with my right hand and the Canon 580EX flash with my left hand. So it was pretty hard zooming in and out. I had to hold the flash while I zoomed in/out, compose the picture, and hold the flash out when I took the picture. As you might imagine, shooting this way can get tiring pretty quickly. Suffices to say, I only shot this way for about forty five minutes before putting the flash back on the camera and just bouncing it. I would totally rock it if I could have an assistant holding the flash. Hmmm, yeah, maybe when I'm a rich and famous nightlife photographer. Haha. :)

By the way, the pictures posted below are all straight from the camera. The only thing I did in Photoshop was resize them for my blog and a little of LAB sharpening because pictures don't look quite as sharp when you resize them for the web.

Enjoy!

B4Twelve B4Twelve

A couple of my trademark nightlife portraits.

B4Twelve B4Twelve