Intro

I've always wanted to try nightclub photography so I was excited when I finally got the chance. I figured that it's a good way to improve my low light photography skills and to learn how to use the flash more creatively. I think that I've figured out what exposures to use to capture certain moods that I want to convey.

Nightclub photography is kind of different from what I'm used to doing. I have to take the picture at a faster pace so that people can continue partying after posing for a quick second or two. It's also much harder to compose the picture because you've got to keep in mind all the stuff happening in the background. It's also harder to see what's in the viewfinder because it's so dark and you get some out of focus shots here and there because the auto focus was hunting in the low light. However, the biggest challenge would have to be figuring out how to get the best light possible. You have to be able to "see the light" and think on your feet more quickly.